This is a simple, cross-browser, accessible audio player (MP3 player) plugin.
Also, here is a temporary test site.
This audio player has three different modes:
What the audio player has is only a play-button. Or when its width is specified as greater than 2x of height, a positioning slider is displayed.
When an image in the wordpress page or post is clicked, specified music begins playing.
Playing slideshow and music. Timings of changing images are specified in the timetable.
I tested this plugin with IE8, Chrome 13, Firefox 5, Opera 11.5, Safari 5.1 (these above under WindowsXP), IE9(Windows7), iPod touch(iOS 4.3.5), and Android(2.3, emulator).
This audio player has accessibility features.
* Text browser users can download audio file.
* Screen reader users can manipulate the player by selecting play button, stop button, etc.
You can enable or disable these feature in the admin page. I tested them with Microsoft Narrator, JAWS(demo version), Focus Talk(demo version) , ALTAIR and NVDA.
Here is the EsAudioPlayer distribution page(wordpress.org).
- This plugin does not work with browsers with Flash-blocking plugins.
- Apache gzip compression causes problems.
- When a player is put in jQuery UI tabs, it does not appear when using IE8.
- Does not work in IE7.