You can make sub-directories in the upload directory, and move files into them. At the same time, this plugin modifies the URLs/path names in the database. Also an alternative file-selector is added in the editing post/page screen, so you can pick up media files from the subfolders easily.
Some users say databases are not modified. See limitations below.
- You cannot delete, overwrite/replace items. To delete items, use the standard media manager.
- Media file manager cannot modify paths/URLs in another plugin’s own tables/records in the database.
- Relative paths in articles cannot be changed.
- Modified URLs in articles cannot be changed. For example, adding or removing ‘www’ causes problems.
- This plugin does not work in PHP safe mode.